The Scholarships shall be 70% (Seventy Percent) for undergraduates studying Science and Technology and Thirty percent (30%) for other courses as follows:
Science and Technology courses include:
- Aviation Studies
- Marine Studies
- Medicine and Surgery
- Engineering Studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence
- Oil and Gas related courses
- Robotic Science, etc.
Other Fields of Studies:
- Arts / Humanities / Management Sciences
- Education, etc.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIPS AWARD
- All applicants (Physically Challenged inclusive) must be registered, full-time indigent (very poor) but intelligent students in Federal or State Universities;
- Applicants must be at least in their 2nd year of study;
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) on a 5.00 scale;
- All applicants must produce testimonials from their institutions;
- All applicants must present a certificate of origin from their respective Local Government Council in Akwa Ibom State;
- All applicants must NOT be more than Twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of application;
- All applicants will be expected to state the financial status/occupation/means of livelihood of their Parents, after fulfilling the academic requirement;
- All beneficiaries will be expected to submit academic results at the end of every session to determine their continued eligibility for the scholarship based on their CGPA, which will be verified by the Ministry of Education / State Scholarships Board;
- Any beneficiary who falls below the required CGPA of 3.50 will be withdrawn from the Scholarships Scheme;
- Change of course or institution will NOT be allowed while enjoying the scholarships.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Students who have the required qualifications are encouraged to fill out an application online at www.moe.akwaibomstate.gov.ng.
All shortlisted students will be required to come to the interview with the following documents:
- Admission Letter
- Testimonial from the applicant’s Head of Department
- Current Semester’s Result / Statement of Result stating the CGPA
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration
- Certificate of Origin from applicant’s Local Government Council
- A letter stating the financial status/occupation/means of livelihood of the Parents of the applicant
- Student’s Identity Card
Application deadline: The Akwa Ibom State Scholarship Application Form closes on 8th August 2022.
Not interested in this scholarship, check more at: Latest international/local Scholarship