UVic Scholarships & Awards | UVic Graduate Scholarships – UVic grants, teaching or research assistantships, or a combination of all three, are available to help you pay for your graduate education.
Think about enhancing your degree with cooperative education. The biggest graduate co-op program in Canada, our co-op program allows you to alternate coursework with paid work experience.
You are qualified for a variety of scholarships and awards as a graduate student.
UVic awards & scholarships
Graduate students with excellent academic standing are given awards by the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Each academic unit chooses the distribution, amount, and duration of these scholarships and fellowships.
Up to $17,500 per year (master’s) and $20,000 per year in UVic Fellowships (Ph.D.)
Graduate awards from UVic (master’s and Ph.D.) of up to $10,500 annually
Eligibility for awards/ Scholarship
- Canadian and international students are eligible
- Students must be unconditionally admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree at UVic
- The minimum requirement for consideration is 7.0/9.0 or first class standing for a UVic Fellowship or 6.0/9.0 (second class standing) for a Graduate Award, on the last two years of coursework. Meeting the minimum eligibility does not guarantee that you will receive an award
- Full-time registration (3.0 units per term) for UVic Fellowships, Graduate Entrance Awards, President Research Scholarships, and donor awards
- General graduate awards allow for part-time registration in a minimum of 1.5 units each term
- Full-time registration for students who are registered with the Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) is 1.5 units
Not all scholarships require an application.
UVic graduate bursaries
Bursaries are non-repayable awards offered based on financial need and reasonable academic standing. Graduate bursaries are administered by Student Awards and Financial Aid.
Eligibility for Bursary
- You must be receiving the maximum full-time government student loans available to you.
- You must meet the definition of full-time status as determined by the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
There are two opportunities for graduate students to apply:
|Session||Application opens||Application closes||Decision|
|Summer (May-Aug)||May 1||June 1||By end of July|
|Winter (Sept-Apr)||August 15||October 15||By end of Dec|
Only one application per session is necessary to be considered for all bursaries administered by Student Awards and Financial Aid. To be considered, you must complete the application, which can be accessed through your Online tools account. Successful applicants will be notified by email.
International graduate students’ bursaries are open to international graduate students who experience financial crises during their school year. Students are asked to send an email to [email protected] explaining their extenuating circumstances. If you are eligible to apply, an application will be sent via email.
Not interested in this scholarship, check more at: Latest international/local Scholarship