Fully-funded International Scholarships at Berea College in USA – For those who want to enroll in one of the college’s degree programs, Berea College in the USA is offering fully-funded international scholarships.
Berea College has a long tradition of embracing students of different racial backgrounds, nations, and religious beliefs. You will most certainly be welcomed if you visit Berea. Students are urged to study all of the information offered here before completing an application because admission to Berea College is competitive.
Brief History/Mission of Berea College
Berea College was established by fervent abolitionists and radical reformers, and it is still a college today with a mission to “advance the cause of Christ” as its core value. The College’s culture and programs are shaped by adherence to the College’s biblical foundation, which states that “God has made of one blood all peoples of the earth” (Acts 17:26).
This enables students and staff to work toward both individual goals and a vision of a world shaped by Christian values, such as the triumph of love over hate, human dignity and equality, and peace with justice.
People are liberated in this setting to participate fully in academic life and as global citizens by working, serving, and learning. The Berea experience cultivates one’s intellectual, physical, aesthetic, emotional, and spiritual potential as well as the capacity to make significant commitments and carry them through.
To achieve this purpose, Berea College commits itself:
- To provide an educational opportunity for students of all races, primarily from Appalachia, who have great promise and limited economic resources.
- To offer a high-quality liberal arts education that engages students as they pursue their personal, academic, and professional goals.
- To stimulate understanding of the Christian faith and its many expressions and to emphasize the Christian ethic and the motive of service to others.
- To promote learning and serving in the community through the student Labor Program, honoring the dignity and utility of all work, mental and manual, and taking pride in work well done.
- To assert the kinship of all people and to provide interracial education with a particular emphasis on understanding and equality among blacks and whites as a foundation for building community among all peoples of the earth.
- To create a democratic community dedicated to education and gender equality.
- To maintain a residential campus and to encourage in all community members a way of life characterized by mindful and sustainable living, health and wellness, zest for learning, high personal standards, and a concern for the welfare of others.
- To engage Appalachian communities, families, and students in partnership for mutual learning, growth, and service.
First articulated in 1962, the Great Commitments represent the historic aims and purposes of Berea College since its founding in 1855. The Great Commitments were originally adopted by the General Faculty and the Board of Trustees in 1969; they were revised and similarly approved in 1993 and most recently in 2017.
- Applicants must also present results from one of the following approved standardized tests: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, or SAT. While scores from more than one test will be considered, applicants are required to submit scores from only one of these four tests. The minimum score required for each test is:
- TOEFL: 520 (paper-based); 190 (computer-based); 68 (internet-based)
- IELTS: 6 overall and 5 in each exam area
- ACT: 19 Composite
- SAT I: 1330 Combined Score (for tests taken before March 2016) or 980 Combined Score (for tests taken after March 2016)
- Applicants must be fluent in the English language in both oral and written areas.
- Applicants must meet university entrance requirements in their own country and be able to present outstanding secondary or leaving exam results.
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awards: 25
- There is no application fee to apply to Berea College.
- International students accepted by Berea College are funded for four years of study. We ask that each international student, once offered admission, pay a one-time enrollment fee of $50 and a $2,200 deposit before coming to Berea to help with costs for medical, dental, emergencies, or other unexpected expenses. Students may apply for an exception to paying the deposit if there are inadequate family finances. The remaining balance of the deposit will be returned upon graduation. Having the deposit while at Berea is essential.
- The funding provided by Berea College includes the cost of education (the equivalent of tuition) for up to four years. Costs for room and board are also covered completely for the first year
Duration of Award: 4 years
Method of Application: In order to be considered for admission, a completed application packet must be received in the Berea College Office of Admissions no later than 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on November 30, 2022.
Applications Deadline: 15th October 2022 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
For More Information, Visit The Official Website
Not interested in this scholarship, check more at: Latest international/local Scholarship
University of East Anglia International Country Awards 2022/2023, UK
The University of Queensland Science International Scholarships in Australia for 2022/2023