NDDC FOREIGN POST-GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP – The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is launching a foreign postgraduate scholarship program as part of its human resource development initiatives in order to give Niger Delta residents the training and skills they need to effectively participate in the current administration’s local content program and compete internationally in a variety of professional fields.
The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences
- Hospitality Management
To provide a long-term solution to the socioeconomic problems that the Niger delta region is experiencing and to promote the Niger delta’s quick and sustainable development into a place that is economically successful, socially stable, environmentally sustainable, and politically tranquil.
DEVELOPMENT MASTER PLAN
The lives of the inhabitants in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region have previously been the subject of numerous attempts and proposals. Sadly, despite the time and money invested, each project ended with little to show for it.
Therefore, it makes sense that the Niger Delta’s population is currently highly disenchanted with “plans.” Despite the dissatisfaction of the populace, it must be mentioned that the Niger Delta Master Plan is unique in its objectives, emphasis, and strategy and will not share the same demise as those that came before it.
The Master Plan is essentially intended to serve as a tool that the numerous Niger Delta residents may utilize to actualize their shared vision and create the future they want. The Master Plan is made to give stakeholders the chance to fully participate in the planning and decision-making process at all levels (individual, group, and community).
Applicants must possess the following:
- First Degree with a minimum of 2nd Class-Lower division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Programme.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a Foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s Community/Clan.
- a) Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- b) Chairman of LGA
- c) First Class Traditional ruler
- d) High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- All the applicants MUST come from the Niger Delta Region.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- The application must be made online at the Commission’s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Oversea University. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Successfully completed application forms will be assigned a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the online generated acknowledgment for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
All completed applications must be submitted on October 30th, 2022 from the date of publication.
For further enquiries, visit the NDDC Official Website or contact:
- Director of Education, NDDC
- Mobile: +234(0)9137806550
- E-mail: [email protected] ,
The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who were not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who were not invited for an oral interview, or candidates that were not successful during the oral interviews.
- Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut-off mark.
- The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
- Deferment, Change of Institution, and Course are not permitted.
- The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above-stated criteria and its internal consideration.
- The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
Not interested in this scholarship, check more at: Latest international/local Scholarship
University of East Anglia International Country Awards 2022/2023, UK
The University of Queensland Science International Scholarships in Australia for 2022/2023