According to the degree of their accomplishments, scholars may receive either the Excellence Scholarship or the Achievement Scholarship.
About The University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is a public research university formed in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. It acquired its royal charter in 1900 as a successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham (formed in 1825 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery), and Mason Science College (founded in 1875 by Sir Josiah Mason), making it the first English civic or red brick university to obtain its royal charter.
The University of Birmingham was ranked equal to 31st in the previous REF in 2014, but equal to 13th out of 129 institutions in the 2021 Research Excellence Framework.
Former British Prime Ministers Neville Chamberlain and Stanley Baldwin, British composer Sir Edward Elgar, and eleven Nobel laureates are among the university’s professors and graduates.
The institution is ranked 91st in the world by the U.S. News & World Report in 2022. According to the SCImago Institutions Rankings for 2019, the University of Birmingham is ranked 137th out of all universities around the globe.
Birmingham was rated 12th in the UK by the Times Higher Education in 2021. In the 2013 Times Higher Education awards, the university was named “University of the Year 2014.” The University of Birmingham is ranked 62nd globally and 10th in the UK in the 2013 QS World University Rankings.
With 16 percent of its research being rated as world-leading and another 41 percent as internationally excellent, the university was ranked 12th in the UK for research in 2008. It has particular strengths in the fields of music, physics, biosciences, computer science, mechanical engineering, political science, international relations, and law.
The Scholarship Value
The Metallurgy and Materials International Achievement Scholarships provide each undergraduate student who meets the requirements below with a £1500 tuition fee discount or cash transfer for the year.
The Metallurgy and Materials International Excellence Scholarship provides all candidates who complete the requirements below with a £3000 tuition fee discount or cash transfer for the first year of their undergraduate degree.
Eligibility for Metallurgy and Materials International Achievement Scholarships
To be eligible for Metallurgy and Materials International Achievement Scholarships, applicants must:
- Acquire the following results or equivalent in other qualification systems*
- A Levels AAB
- IB: 6, 6, 5 from Higher Levels
- HKDSE: 5, 5, 4
- Indian Standard XII ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra 80% overall
- Indian Standard XII West Bengal: 75% overall
- Indian Standard XII Other State board: 85% overall
- Malaysian STPM: Grades equivalent to A level grades above
- Your fees are not fully paid by a sponsoring body
- Be categorized as international for fees on your acceptance to the university.
- Be admitted to one of the following courses for year 1 entry in 2022 after placing it as the firm choice in UCAS:
- Materials Science and Engineering BEng
- Materials Science and Engineering MEng
- Materials Science and Engineering with Industrial Experience MEng
- Aerospace Engineering BEng
- Aerospace Engineering MEng
- Nuclear Engineering MEng
- Nuclear Science and Materials BSc
Application Deadline: It is uncertain when applications will close for the University of Birmingham Metallurgy and Materials International Achievement Scholarships in the UK for 2022–2023
How to Apply
Apply here on the link below by clicking APPLY NOW if you are interested in and qualified for the Metallurgy and Materials International Achievement Scholarships.
All people who satisfy the aforementioned requirements will be contacted by the end of welcome week 2022 without the need for an application.