NNPC/SPDCJV University Scholarship Award Scheme 2022/2023 – Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Program of NNPC and SPDC for 2022/2023. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC/TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian Students admitted into Full Time academic studies in the 2020/2021session to apply for its University Scholarship Scheme, which aims to promote academic excellence and enhance the employability of young Nigerians.
NNPC / SPDC JV University Scholarship Award Scheme programme was organized to help Nigerian Tertiary Institution Students in the area of financial assistance and to boost their zeal for learning.
The scholarship is categorized under two perspectives which is part of the eligibility for students that want to benefit from the NNPC / SPDC JV University Scholarship Award Scheme programme
The National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award are the two categories for this merit-based scholarship.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States
Before applying, each potential applicant must select the area to which they belong and read the prerequisites. Only selected candidates will be informed of the examination date.
Eligibility/ The Scholarship Requirements
To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST be:
- Registered Full-TIME undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
- Certified 200-level students at the time of application (Only students admitted in the 2020/2021 academic session).
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level (as at January 2023) or possess proof of admission into Undergraduate programme in the 2020/2021 academic session
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International.
Things to Note
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/ ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted
- Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website
NOTE: The following categories of students should not apply:
- 100 and 300 level students and above
- Current beneficiaries of similar Awards from other Companies and Agencies
- Dependants of NAOC/NAE/AENR/NACPFA
DEADLINE: The application period begins on January 3 and ends on February 3 of 2023.
NOTE: The aptitude test will take place either online (remotely) or at designated centers to be communicated to shortlisted applicants. Applicants are to indicate at the point of application whether they wish to write the test online in their own comfort or at designated test centres (cost of transportation to the centres to be borne by applicants).
- NAOC Tertiary Scholarship Questions and Answers
- University of Waterloo Perimeter Scholars International Awards 2022/2023, Canada
HOW TO APPLY
The application is open to 200-level students only.
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Paramount Ruler (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award)
- Letter from CDC Chairman (Only Applicants for Host Communities Merit Award).
- JAMB Result
2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
4. Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for effective communication
5. Applicants are to download the GO Declaration form using the link: https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/spdc2023
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Apply Here” tab below.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/spdc2023 to return to the Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, and other information, and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in the application matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload a photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and an SMS that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.Scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile, and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with your Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
- Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/spdc2023 and update the application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Obtaining NIN is not compulsory in order to complete your application
Scholarship for Alvernia University
Arden Psychology Scholarship Application
The Sherryl Kintu Scholarship at Arden University
Manchester United Academy Official Scholarship
Vesuvio International School Scholarship Grants in Italy 2022-2023