Federal Government Education Bursary Awards and scholarships – The Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria has made the decision to provide financial aid to college and university students studying education. This fund is intended to motivate students to work harder since, as the saying goes, “Education is the Key to Success” and through them, many people will become educated.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO PROCESSING FEE FOR THIS SPECIFIC APPLICATION. SO WATCH OUT FOR FRAUDSTERS!
2022/2023 FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BURSARY AWARD FOR EDUCATION STUDENTS
The Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites applications from qualified education students enrolled in Nigerian colleges of education and universities to compete for the 2022 Bursary Awards. This is done in fulfillment of Mr. President’s commitment to reform the education sector. Please take note that the National Commission of Colleges of Education (NCC) and the Nigerian University Commission (NUC) have provided pertinent data to the Federal Ministry of Education (NCCE).
The Eligibility Criteria for the Bursary Award
- Applicants studying Education in Nigerian Colleges of Education and Universities.
- Applicants must be full-time students.
Method of Application
- Complete form online
- Submit and print a copy
- Attach photocopies of the following documents:
- Letter of Admission
- Current school’s identity card.
- Eligible candidates are advised to make only one entry as multiple entries will disqualify the applicants.
- All applicants (physically challenged inclusive) must be in their first year or above.
- A beneficiary of any scholarship is not eligible.
The application deadline is October 21, 2022, and application forms are available online at www.education.gov.ng.
Other things to know about Federal Scholarship Board
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB), a division of the Federal Ministry of Education, is led by a Director who also serves as the board’s secretary. Despite what the name and nomenclature might imply, it has no governing board.
THE MANDATE OF THE BOARD IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Policy Formulation – Preparation of periodic master plans for balanced and efficient utilization of foreign and local scholarship, and fellowship awards to deserving Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students. This may sometimes involve consultation with State Governments, the Ministries of Foreign matters, and with other relevant agencies and bodies.
- Implementation of Federal Government policy and programs of foreign and local scholarship awards to deserving Nigerian scholars.
- Implementation of Federal Government commitments to the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Multi-Lateral (Commonwealth) Agreements on Scholarship and Fellowship awards to Nigeria.
- Implementation of Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSED) and NYSC EX-Corps Scholarship.
- Collection, collation, analysis, publishing, and dissemination of data and other information on student matters, Scholarship, and Fellowship awards in relation to Nigeria.
- Supervised and monitored the activities of Federal Government Scholars in Tertiary Institutions locally and abroad.
- Advising and coordinating States Scholarship Policies and Programmes through Annual Coordinating Committee Meetings of Secretaries of Federal and State Scholarship Boards.
THE BOARD OPERATES UNDER FOUR (4) DIVISIONS AS FOLLOWS:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA);
- Nigerian Awards;
- Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan; and
- General Duties
Not interested in this scholarship, check more at: Latest international/local Scholarship